Andrea Salinas is a main cast member on Little Women: Atlanta.
Andrea Lisa Salinas was born on April 18, 1993 in Texas. She has an older identical twin sister named Amanda who was born on the same day, two minutes before her. Both Andrea and her sister have Achondroplasia dwarfism. Before she and her sister were on Little Women: Atlanta, they were club dancers, and
performed together as the "Tiny Twinz", and became like legends within the little person performer community. They moved to Atlanta for more opportunities to perform at clubs. In season 3 of Little Women: Atlanta, Andrea and her sister decided to quit club dancing, and do things such as club promoting and hosting.
In 2016, Andrea and her sister were guests on The Rickey Smiley Morning Show, a syndicated radio show which was once co-hosted by their fellow Little Women: Atlanta cast member Shirlene "Ms.Juicy" King Pearson.
Andrea and Amanda made an appearance on the TV One reality show called, "Rickey Smiley For Real".
During Season 6 of Little Women: Atlanta, Andrea worked on pursuing a career in modeling.
Behind the Scenes
Andrea has been dating Chris Fernandez on and off for over 7 years. In 2018, the couple got engaged, but the engagement was called off after at least a couple of months. They have three children together: André (9 years old), Aubrey (4 years old), and Anaya (3 years old.). All three of their children have
Achondroplasia Dwarfism. When their son André was born he was very sick, and almost died. He was diagnosed with Lung Disease. Thankfully, he pulled through his illness. He lives in Texas with his maternal grandparents Janie and Oscar so that he can stay close to his doctors. They adopted him, but Andrea does plan on having André move in with her, Chris, and her daughters after he gets his health together.
During season 6 of Little Women: Atlanta, Andrea opted to not have her children appear on the show anymore, due to hurtful comments they received from strangers on the internet regarding their sizes. She is doing it to protect them.
Salinas has one other sister and an older brother named Oscar Salinas Jr. --who are both average-sized. She has at least one niece, named Isla, who is the offspring of her brother.
On May 24, 2019, Andrea and her sister Amanda released a song titled "Project X" with Bri Barlup and Emily Fernandez (A.K.A Left Cheek & Right Cheek). The music video for the song was released on YouTube on June 8, 2019, and over the course of 17 days, the video received 1.1 million views.
Andrea and her sister Amanda had a very close relationship with their fellow cast member Ashley "Minnie" Ross since 2015. The two were devastated by Ross' passing in April 2020. They were the only two Little Women: Atlanta cast members that were able to attend Ross' funeral. The service was otherwise only open to Minnie's relatives due to strict social distancing orders during the Coronavirus outbreak. The general public was able to watch a live stream of the funeral.
- Andrea and her boyfriend have owned a dog named blaze, and a chameleon named Pee-Wee. It is unknown if the two still own the chameleon.
- After giving birth to her third child (Anaya), Salinas got her tubes tied, which means she won't be having any more children.
- She and her sister have matching tattoos of their last name (Salinas) on their calves.
- Salinas and her twin sister wear a size 1 in in children's shoes.
- She has the highest Instagram following out of all Little Women: Atlanta or Little Women franchise cast members--over 1 million follows as of February 16, 2021. Her sister Amanda has the second highest--over 1 million followers as of February 20, 2021.
- Andrea is the first Little Women: Atlanta or Little Women franchise cast member to reach 1 million followers on Instagram.
- She was the youngest main cast member on Little Women: Atlanta on seasons 1,2,5, and 6.
- Salinas and her sister learned to drive when they were 22 years old.